Friday, October 13, 2006

The Statesman - 11/12

"Stay the course means keep doing what you're doing. My attitude is, don't do what you're doing if it's not working - change. Stay the course also means, don't leave before the job is done. We're going to get the job done in Iraq." - President George W. Bush

Translation: "To articulate an Iraq policy that I have yet to develop, I've come up with this slogan because it's easy to remember, easy to pronounce, and I can alter its definition to whatever is politically convenient at the time."

1 comment:

Brendan said...

I have to say that there are a lot of politicians (Harry Reid is one) who have been calling for change in Iraq, but haven't actually articluated any real policy. I think everyone is waiting until after the election to say anything of substance - either that or they have nothing of substance to say.